I found this tasty treat while looking for things to make for NYE, which ended up being a hit that night. A couple of Dan’s friends even started referring to it as crack, as its that good and addicting! I decided to make it again for the Super Bowl yesterday and to actually take pics this time around so I could share it with all of you.
- 1 bag O-Ke-Doke corn puffs (apparently Cheetos makes this too, I’ve just never seen it)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
1. Put the butter, corn syrup and brown sugar into a sauce pan.
2. Put the corn puffs into a large bowl, or pan – it will need to be large enough for you to mix the sauce onto the corn puffs. The first time I did this I used a smaller pan and made a mess all over my counter trying to mix everything together.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil.
4. Pour over the corn puffs. I poured about half on, mixed it up some, and then poured the second half on – trying to get everything evenly coated. The sauce does like to sink to the bottom so be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
5. Pour the coated corn puffs out on to parchment paper, or wax paper, to cool (this only takes a few min) and then break apart and enjoy!
My final product always seems to be overly sticky and tends to clump together – I’m not sure if this is ‘normal’, I just keep breaking it apart. If anyone has made this before and has any tips on how to avoid the clumping, please let me know!