I saw this card on Pinterest and knew immediately that I had to make it for Dan for Valentine’s Day. But this card could really be made any time and it’s super easy to make!!
And here’s how to make your own:
What you need:
- Felt – colors are dependent on what colors you want your owls to be
- Owl template – which you can find here
- Card stock, for the actual card – mine was a sheet of thicker scrapbook paper
- Googly eyes
1. Cut out the owl template
2. Trace your template onto your felt. For the wings, I only traced it once, then doubled up the felt when I cut them out, to get 2.
3. Cut out your felt owls
4. Cut out a heart, for in between the owls, I just used some left over red felt. And then 2 little beaks for the owls.
5. Then you just need to glue all the pieces together, and add the googly eyes, and glue it all onto the card. I just folded my sheet of paper in half.
6. Last thing is to add the text to the front of the card and whatever personal message on the inside!
I hope you all had a great Valentine’s Day – I sure did, these showed up at work for me
And then Dan and I stayed in and made a nice dinner together – bacon wrapped filets, roasted green beans and creamy parmesan mashed red potatoes – YUM!!
This entry was posted in DIY
, Valentine's Day
. Bookmark the permalink