By now you’ve probably realized that I like to have a wreath on the outside of my apt door at all times, usually holiday themed but I wanted one that I could use at all times/non-holiday times. I saw how to make these cute felt flowers, most likely on Pinterest, and thought they would look great on a wreath!
Here’s what I did for my wreath:
- 1 sheet of felt for each flower
- glue gun
- wooden letter (optional)
Sorry I didn’t take a pic of all the supplies like I usually do – got too excited about making the flowers that I just jumped right in!
1. Measure out 2 strips of the felt that are 1.25 inches wide and 2 that are 1 inch wide
2. Measure out 1.25 inch squares out of the 1.25 inch strips and then 1 inch squares from the 1 inch strips.
3. And then cut them out.
4. Cut out petal shapes from each of the squares. You’ll want to keep the base as wide as possible.
5. Put a line of glue across the base of the petal and then fold the sides inwards. I used hot glue for this, be careful if you choose to do this too, I burnt my fingers a few times. I read that some people have just used craft glue but then need to find a way to hold the sides down while the glue dried.
6. With your remaining felt, cut out a 3 inch circle.
7. Starting with the 1.25 inch petals, begin gluing them around the edge of the circle.
8. Once you have the outer edge completed, make a 2nd inside row using the 1 inch petals.
9. For the center of the flower I just cut a thin strip of the remaining felt and wrapped it around itself.
10. For my wreath I found a twig wreath I liked, glued the flowers onto it and then added an L (for Leah). To finish it off, I just added to ribbon to hang it with.